Monday, April 30, 2007

A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood

Well I think spring came and went in a flash. The meteorologists were commenting earlier this month on how this April was the coldest in many years. April may have come in cold but it is going out on a high note. They are calling for a high of 84 degrees F for today (for all my Canadian friends that would be 29 degrees C). Too bad the pool doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend. For those who know me (Sarah) personally, you are correct if you think I am complaining. One of the things I miss most about good ol' Nova Scotia is the weather. Chris, on the other hand, loves the warmer climate. At least one of us enjoys it.

Back in November, we decided it was time to get up off our ever-widening rear-ends and join Weight Watchers. Both of us had gained some excess body baggage since migrating down south of the Mason/Dixie line (some more than others - argh!) and our bodies were beginning to protest. Our weight loss journey so far has been commendable: Chris is getting super-slim since losing 47 lbs and I'm tagging along after losing 24 lbs. I am frequently told that men have an easier time losing weight. Go figure! We work twice as hard shedding poundage. Oh the crosses we women have to bear. Our trek to Skinnyville has just begun and we'll update you all on our progress.

No comments: